Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions set out the basis on which you can use our website and place orders for items from Houndability. By registering with Houndability you are deemed to have understood and accepted these terms. The supplier of the goods featured is Houndability ("The Company", "we", or "us").
You may contact us by email at [email protected] Telephone calls to and from Houndability may be recorded or monitored as part of our efforts to further improve service to our customers.
We may contact you for marketing purposes by email or mail with relevant offers from Houndability. We may also contact you for market research purposes.
2. Data Protection
Houndability do not disclose client information to third parties, other than when order details are processed as part of order fulfillment or with carefully selected partners. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party. Data collected by us is used to take and fulfill customer orders, administer and enhance the site and service, only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes and inform you of seminars we think may be of interest to you, however, you will always be given the option to opt-out of receiving these emails.
All registrations must be paid for at the time of booking.
A contract is formed between Houndability and you when we receive confirmation of your class registration. Until the class starts the order may be cancelled.
We accept all major credit and debit cards with the exception of American Express.
We are unable to accept cards that are due to expire within the next 5 days. Card details are checked and verified by a third party and goods are dispatched once authorisation has been obtained. All payments made in our online shop are handled by a secure third party payment handling company and no credit card numbers are held in clear text on any website.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
The prices quoted are those ruling at the time of production. Due to circumstances beyond our control, prices may have to be altered, including any alterations to the rate of value added tax where applicable. The correct price will be shown on your invoice. All prices shown are cash prices in sterling. We reserve the right to accept or reject orders or to request part payment.
7. Classes and Private Lessons
Agreement to Hold Harmless and Assumption of Risk.
The registrant (you) understands that attendance to dog training classes and private lessons is not without risk to them, to anyone who may attend with them and to their dog(s).
The registrant, on behalf of themselves and any minors attending the dog training lesson(s) or classes with them, waive, release, and agree to hold harmless Houndability and any and all of its employees, volunteers, agents, insurers, and successors from any and all causes of actions, claims, demands, losses, injuries, and damages of any kind which may be sustained by them or their dog(s) in connection with the class or lesson. Registrant is responsible for damages caused by their dog(s) and/or family members.
The registrant agrees to adhere to any and all safety instructions and recommendations given to them whether oral or written.
Class dates are subject to change notice will be given.
Once a class has been started no refunds are available.
In the event of a government lockdown taking place we will move classes online and have online previsions to support class members through the lockdown and once a course has started no refunds will be given
8. Photo Release
By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you give Houndability permission to publish in print, electronic, or video format the likeness or image of you and/or your dog.
You release all claims against Houndability with respect to privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright ownership and publication, including any claim for compensation related to use of the materials.
9. Dog Walking
As a dog behaviour counsellor I have high standards and expectations of how dogs should be cared for by a third party and what group dog behaviour is appropriate.
The safety of all dogs, their enjoyment and well being is my utmost priority and as such the following terms and conditions have been put in place.
· I reserve the right to terminate a dog walk early in exceptional circumstances. This could be due to extreme weather conditions, a dog becoming ill or injured, a dog becoming distressed or distressing other dogs. The safety of the dogs in my care are my priority at all times and a walk will only be terminated before completion if absolutely necessary.
· All dogs must have a collar or harness on with the name and number/address of the owner.
· All dogs must have received a full course of vaccinations as a puppy.
· I reserve the right to refuse to walk certain dogs that are perceived to be dangerous or unpredictable.
· If a dog's behaviour on their walks become increasingly challenging then I will offer a solo walk or home visit (depending on the intensity of the problem). Training or behaviour therapy will also be offered at a discounted rate.
· All dogs are teamed up with suitable walking companions, the time of each walk for group walks is dependent on which dogs are being walked that day. I always aim to walk the dogs as close to the specified time as possible, however, walk times may vary. For instance, if one individual is a senior and seems to be struggling then that walk may be cut short by 5-10 minutes to ensure that dog is okay.
· I reserve the right to walk dogs on lead if their behaviour is not considered appropriate off lead.
· I reserve the right to suggest a minimum of one walk a week for dogs who become over excited when walked on an ad-hoc basis. This is so they become more familiar with me and the walking environment and as such become calmer, and in turn better behaved when on the walks. The owner is under no obligation to have the dog walked this often, but walks may then be refused on the grounds of the dog being unsuitable for the walks.
· On very hot days we may reduce our walk times by 5-10 minutes to reduce the risk of heat stroke for dogs, especially flat faced breeds. We assess each situation as it comes and how the dogs seem to be coping in the heat on that particular walk.
9. Houndagrips leads
Houndagrips Working Delivery Week. Houndagrips “Delivery Week” begins on Monday and runs through to the Friday. Houndagrips delivery excludes weekends.
We are not satisfied until you are; really, we mean it. If you don´t feel 100% comfortable with your purchase from Houndagrips then send it back to us within 14 days (since order placed). We cannot operate this policy on any Products that have been used . We will refund the value of the goods upon receipt of them or exchange them if requested and stock available. When returning items to us please ensure that you include a brief explanatory note which must include your name, order number and reason for return.
Price Adjustments. We reserve the right to adjust prices in our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you; provided, however, that we will provide you with at least five (5) days’ advance notice of any price changes with your specific “Subscription” rate. Your acceptance of deliveries of the Products after such notice has been delivered to you will constitute your acceptance of such price changes, unless you cancel your subscription to the Service in accordance with these Terms. All prices shown on the Site are in Great British Pounds (GBP). Any applicable taxes are included and are shown on the Site. Prices, taxes or other fees may vary geographically.
Houndagrips trade acounts
All trade account holders are to adhere to houndagrips retail pricing and not to undercut houndagrips retail pricing
No further discount codes are to be offered or used in conjunction with houndagrips trade account.
In the event of an emergency
· I ask all customers for an emergency contact number as well as the preferred veterinary practice the pet should be taken to if necessary. If you are away on holiday it is strongly recommended that you provide the phone number for someone who is easily contactable and who you trust to make a decision on your behalf. If you can not be contacted then a voicemail message will be left, a text message and email will also be sent.
· In an absolute emergency the pet will be taken to the nearest veterinary practice.
· You must agree to pay all vets bills if the pet is injured or falls ill while in my care, unless I am directly responsible for injury or illness. Pet insurance is always recommended for peace of mind.
· I reserve the right to visit or collect the pet within 60 minute window of the time specified. Working with animals means that unpredictable behavior can occasionally cause delays. This along with bad traffic can put me a little behind schedule, although please be assured that this happens very rarely.
· An invoice will be produced once the work has been completed.
· Payments must be made by bank transfer, cheque or cash.
· All payments must be received within 7 days of the invoice date.
· In the event of late payment, 10% of the invoice total will be added to the bill. A further 10% will be added every 14 days the invoice is overdue thereafter.
If we arrive at a property after a booking being made and are no longer needed (For eg A client is home and has forgotton to cancel) then the full price will be charged for the walk or visit.
If we cannot gain access to a property due to faulty or difficult locks then a no-access fee of £7.00 will be charged. (We do not admit defeat easily!) Clients will be notified immediately.
If a cancellation is made on the same day as the booking a £5.00 cancellation fee will be charged for dog walking and a £3.00 fee for home visits. The fee will be added to the following invoice.
All bookings (group classes, 1-2-1 sessions, workshops and training events) must be paid for in advance using our secure on-line system, BACS transfer, or by cheque. Cash payments are by prior arrangement only.
Cancellation of training class bookings incur a £5 administration fee.
Cancellation with more than 2 week's notice to start date of class - 50% refund. If class place can be filled, full refund minus admin charge.
Cancellations with less than 2 weeks notice to start date of class - No refunds are available
Sessions are non-transferable, if you miss a class we will send you homework but we cannot guarantee a catch-up session.
Cancellation with less than 48 hours notice - full fee payable or you may reschedule with a 50% additional charge
Training programmes and Residential training
Cancellation with 14days of the start date of the programme incurs a 50% cancellation fee
Cancellation with less than 48 hours notice - no refund or reschedule with £50 additional charge
Workshop terms and conditions
Event – Workshop, lecture, talk, seminar
Office – Well Connected Canine registered office
Delegate – Spectator, person attending the Event without a pet
Handler – Person attending the Event with a pet
Company – Houndability dog training
Bookings are not confirmed without written confirmation from the Office.
Completed booking form and full fee must be received by the Office by the given date in order to confirm the booking.
Fees must be paid in full at least eight weeks before the Event date. Failure to do so will result in the booking being cancelled.
All cancellations must be notified to, and acknowledged by, the Office in order to receive a refund.
Two months or more from Event = full refund
Less than two months but more than four weeks from Event = 75% course fee refund, e.g. Event fee £100.00, refund = £75.00
Four weeks or less from Event = no refund